McCloud Alumni Association
McCloud Alumni Association
P.O. Box 1173
McCloud, CA 96057
Sponsored by the McCloud Chamber of Commerce
Saturday, August 18th, 2018
9:00 am to 3:00 pm
McCloud Chamber's 2018 Custom Car Show will be held this August 18th, 2018 at Hoo Hoo Park! More information coming soon!
Driving Directions: Hoo Hoo Park is located at 405 E. Colombero Drive. Take the central McCloud Exit, turning north towards town (and towards the mountain). You will come to a 4-way stop. Continue north through the stop, you are on Broadway. On the right you will pass Black Fox Timber, Rustings Auto Repair, and the American Legion. Turn right onto Colombero Drive at the next intersection. Hoo Hoo Park will be on the left about a quarter mile from the Broadway/Colombero intersection. just past the American Legion, this is Campus Way. Follow the signs.
For questions, call the McCloud Chamber of Commerce at 530-964-3113 or email at email@example.com.
Annual Cemetery Cleanup
***2017 Cemetery Cleanup is Saturday May 19, 2018 - 8:00 am to Noon***
The Cemetery Clean up is on Saturday May 19, 2018, 8:00 am to noon. All alumni and community members are invited to participate. The clean up is done on this weekend in preparation for Memorial Day on May 28th. Lunch and beverage will be provided, with cookies donated by the McCloud Garden Club. This is a great time to serve the community and also visit with alumni friends! Hope we see you there! Bring gloves and a rake.
There will be no Alumni Golf Tournament in 2018. Check back for details about a 2019 tournament.
ALUMNI DONATIONS FOR 2017
- $500 McCloud Food Pantry...helps needy families all through the year with
- $1500 Mercy Medical Auxiliary...helps provide transportation to the hospital,
clinics, doctors on staff in McCloud, Lake Shastina, Weed and Mt. Shasta.
Many in our community need wheel chair assistance and cannot use public
transportation for medical reasons. The staff of volunteers strives to keep this
service going for those in need.
- $500 McCloud Elementary School…..The funds will be used for technology updates, such as IPads or Chrome books. Most of the curriculum is computer based.
- $800 McCloud High School…. A. The funds will be used to purchase a new VEX IQ Super kit for the robotics club. The club is for High School students as well as 7th & 8th grade students. The students meet once a week to build and program robots for competitions at other high schools in the area. B. Supplies such as paint, brushes, tape, drop cloths etc., to paint a mural on the backside of the school.
- $1232 McCloud Healthcare Clinic…..Pneumonia vaccines, diabetic test trips, and albuterol inhalers for uninsured patients. Also, a suction machine for emergency airway treatments.
- $432 McCloud Firemen Explorers….to purchase gear bags for the Explorer program.
Each year, the Alumni Board distributes forms to various non profit organizations
in the community for application to our alumni donation program. The forms
require a description of how the requested funds would be used. The Board
reviews the applications and then votes on the requests. These organizations are
always very appreciative of our donations. This donation program supports our
mission of serving the community.